Sunday, March 28, 2010

Meat Loaf

It's been happening everytime I get on the bike since I've gotten back from AZ. I've tried everything to cure this ailment. I can't get Meat Loaf out of my head. No, not the scrumptious culinary delight our moms used to make, but the robust, schweaty, rocker/actor and Rocky Horror Picture Show alum--Meat Loaf. The Bat Out of Hell.


This Meat Loaf....

Not that Meatloaf...



Do I like Meat Loaf? I tolerate Meat Loaf. I don't own any albums or ever say "OOHHH. Don't change the station...I LOVE Meat Loaf." My mom was a big Meat Loaf fan and I remember her blasting and torturing me with the Bat Out of Hell album on the road to various horse shows across the country when I was younger. Yes, I do know all of the lyrics. It's just gonna happen when you've heard it a million times. You don't even know you know them until it's too late and you realize you're cruising down singletrack and belting out "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" at the top of your lungs.

I've tried singing my usual GNR or AC/DC or various catchy 8os songs. No luck. I've even tried to sing the McDonald's Fillet-O-Fish song. I mean who can stop singing that travesty of a jingle?

My "favorite":

I want you

I need you

But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you

Now don't be sad

Cause two out of three ain't bad

Don't be sad

Cause two out of three ain't bad

You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach

You'll never drill for oil on a city street

I know you're looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks

But there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a cracker jack box

I want you

I need you

But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you

Now don't be sad

Cause two out of three ain't bad

Don't be sad

Cause two out of three ain't bad


There could be worse things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment