Monday, November 23, 2009

Scattered, Smothered and Covered


Not only have I been craving Waffle House as of late but I feel my life has been much like the great hashbrowns--take your pick: Scattered, Smothered, Covered.

Just last week I was feeling like Rocky. I had a moment. There's this bridge by our house and I actually ran to the bridge and back. Seriously, I felt like Rocky when I got back home. Until of course my moment of greatness was shattered when Mike asked me how long it took. So I run like Quasimodo. I didn't say it was pretty or fast people. I always tell people I have to run in the cover of night because I'm afraid people will point and laugh or think I have a bad prosthetic. Let's just say I have a little hitch in my giddy-up. The point is I did it. Geez. What a buzz kill.

That brings me to this past week. I had to go to FLA for work for a few days. I was really excited to get back in the groove when I got home. Unfortunately, the body had very different plans. If I change a few parts of my daily routine it takes me a few days to recover. I'm not talking about from exercise either. I'm talking about a different bed, climate, food, etc. I should be in a bubble. I've been like that my whole life. Most people can go with it. Not me. I have to take a few "rest days" if I have a break in routine. Maybe this is why I don't take real vacation. I always have to pay the piper when I get back. So enough with that. Basically, my Rocky moment had ended and I was back at feeling it was going to be a very long road to get any sort of normalcy back either in body and spirit.

So my 35th birthday was spent on the couch propped with pillows because my c-spine decided to give me hell . Searing pain brought me to my knees in an aisle of Petsmart when I went to pick up a bag of dog food. I wasn't going to let a weak right arm and numb fingers stop me. Last year when I first hurt my neck and couldn't turn my head I got really good at driving and turning my whole body instead of my head. It's an art form. My passengers are hesitant but I get the job done.

Carl (my hardtail Vicious and I) went for a Little ride yesterday at Wayway. We're in the process of buying a house (Mike and I. Not Carl and I. Bikes can't buy houses silly. I'm not that crazy) and Wayway will be a part of the new hood (if all goes well) so I decided to venture up there. I've really tried be realistic as of late because the body has not been cooperating. I'm not going in with the mind frame that I have to be able to race. I've let that go. If it happens. It happens. I just want to be able to ride and be active on a regular basis. This couple of times a month thing is starting to piss me off!
Scattered, Smothered and Covered: It may look like a mess, but it's still pretty good!!!
Oh ya-

WHY IS THERE CHRISTMAS MUSIC PLAYING ALREADY!!?? This upsets me. Sorry, had to get that out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment