Thursday, June 30, 2011

Power Walk

Tonight I went behind the house and got on the Appalachian Trail. I don't take advantage of this opportunity nearly enough. It's beautiful. I lost track of time and before I knew it it was dusk. Oops. I mentally played episodes of Dual Survivor and Man, Woman, Wild in My Head. Yeah, I could definitely make it a night thanks to my addiction to reality survival shows. I had to run a bit to beat the impending darkness which is easier said than done on that section of the AT. At times you're scrambling/crawling/butt scooting to make it down/up/over/around things. I think I crash more on foot than on the bike.





Every time I go up there I have to look at the trail log. 96 days on the AT. Ooof. I wonder how long it would take me to do the entire AT? Hmmmm. One day. It's on my list. For now I'll have to be content with the NY/NJ border.



Cell phone pictures really don't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment