Wednesday, June 6, 2012

R & R

Some say my last blog was a downer and that I didn't sound excited about my accomplishment of the finish. Let me just clarify that I am absolutely stoked to have finished another hundred. The whole ride home I kept saying to Mike, "I can't believe I finished that. I can't believe it. And I pulled a decent time!" I'm SO excited to have another one under my belt. This has been (and continues to be) one hell of a journey. To not have the food be gone and the finish banner be taken down by the time I got there was just an added cherry on top. I purposely wrote the blog as soon as I could so it had at least a little feel of the real hundred aftermath. I feel the brain omits things a few days later and everything turns out more puppies and unicorns than it actually was. I've had some very successful endurance veteran friends who say they've been known to cry the night after the event from sheer exhaustion and the roller coaster of emotions they went through during the race. The next day they were planning the next trip. I figured I was just a crazy person. Nice to know I'm somewhat normal. The brain has to do some editing or I don't think there would be many repeat customers. The roller coaster is pretty addicting.

I've only really almost fallen asleep at my desk twice this week. After Cohutta I barely made it through the first couple of days of work. I think I may have dozed off/blacked out a little while giving a non-harassment seminar yesterday. Nobody noticed because they are that boring. I'm in HR and I can't stand to sit through them. I can only role play and tell so many jokes and still keep it appropriate. Most of the time I feel I am giving people ideas. Really it comes down to this...don't play grab ass at work and know your audience. But I digress...

Now is probably not a good time to bring this up but since it seems to have gone well I feel it's okay to disclose. We (I) messed with my bike fit a little bit. Obviously, this is something you want to get straightened out before a day on the bike but not much I do really ever makes sense. I'm happy to report that there is no knee pain and no lower back pain. If it didn't hurt after the race and it doesn't hurt now I think it's pretty spot on. New shoes, too. No foot pain. I feel like I won the lottery.

My 'hard' recovery as I like to call it has consisted of a lot of go-go juice


and iced ventis. I don't want to hear how I shouldn't be drinking coffee either. It makes me happy.

I've had so many iced ventis that I'm getting concerned about my economic stability. At least I stopped ordering the trenta. We may not be able to afford the trip to Michigan at this rate. I can't stop.

Michigan. Leaving a week from tomorrow. It felt like a good idea on Sunday once the post-race hormones shifted to the happy side and revised my memory. Right now all I want to do is put on my pjs and lay down. Sounds like a perfect idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment