Friday, September 14, 2012



If you know (or have learned) one thing about me it is that moderation is not my strong point.  Doing 5 hundreds this year after 3 years of not doing so much kind of fell into that category. On Wednesday night, I started to think I was kicking my cold and decided to go behind the house for a 'light hike'. My light hike turned into an hour + of trail running on pretty rough terrain. The only walking I did was when I feared I was going to bust my face open on a rocky descent or boulder field and I probably would have gone farther had I not feared my headlamp battery was on the brink of death. I haven't run in a long time. Okay, so I'm a SSer and I am off the bike and walking/trotting/dragging the bike a lot, but it's not the same. My engine felt great and it wasn't enough time for my tendons and joints to scream at me. Thursday, I didn't feel so awful. I even bragged about it a little because Mike told me I was going to be crippled. Today, well that's another story. I feel like I am going to pull a hammy getting in and out of the car and my cold seems to have come back with a vengeance. On the bright side, I covered more ground in that time than I ever have. So I'm gonna say it was worth it.  I will never learn....and maybe I don't want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment