Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sickety Sick

Where have I been, you ask? Well, I've been in a post-Shen/hundred cold/flu funk, that's where. Not feeling so bloggy lately. I had a feeling the night sweats I had the two nights before Shen were not a fluke. Looking back, my snot rockets during the race were more productive than usual. I thought it was allergies and my body reacting to some flora that we don't have in Northern NJ. I've been out of the office for a few days and today was the first day I showed my face and I have to say that I didn't get rave reviews. I was told I still look and sound like crap. Actually, I was told I sound like a man. At least they didn't say I look like a man. It's a tough crowd. If you ever want an honest opinion about yourself I'll give you the address to my office because they'll tell you. It may hurt a little, but sometimes it's good to know where you stand.


I've really not done a thing that resembles any sort of activity since Shen. I've wanted to, but couldn't get my sweaty, snotty self off the couch to do so. I did go with Mike to the Riedlbauer's Round Top Rally in NY. It's one of my favorite courses and I was really bummed I couldn't race it or bring my bike to even ride a lap. I had delusions of running a lap. That grand plan was kiboshed when I carried Mike's bottles to the feed zone and I was wheezing and hacking. I had to sit down and rest. I was better off just sitting in one place and feeding Mike. I'm hoping I can kick this soon and that it does not go into my chest. My immune system isn't the best ever and for those of you who have or know people with certain auto-immune diseases, well, our bodies sometimes like to go from a common cold to pneumonia with the awesome bronchitis label in between. The doctor and hospital visits have been kept to a minimum this year and I'd like to keep it that way.

I have a few things I'd still like to do this year. I'm not used to this whole setting and completing a goal thing so I've been pretty content and not too worried about having some forced rest time. I'll probably do a local road metric on Sunday and hopefully, learn a new route or two from the house to keep the winter more interesting. There probably will be some Iron Cross in my future and maybe, just maybe, the Terror of Teaberry. I may even tag along with Mike and attempt a few cx races. That'll be entertaining and horrifying for all parties involved. I'm also just looking forward to being on my bike and enjoying the fall. There will definitely be some bike squatchin in my future. The good bike stays home and the old faithful beat up ss will come back out to be thrown, dragged and hiked across Northern NJ. Can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment