Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No Bueno

Consider this a PSA for those of you wanting to embark on a Whole30 or any dietary change. This is a cautionary tale. Let's review shall we?

Besides a tasting on Thanksgiving, I have really been sticking to the Whole9 way: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar and basically, no processed crap.

Well, I've always been a big Chipotle or Moe's fan. For about a month now that has been my one craving that I could not shake. So Saturday, after a ride we got home, cleaned up, did some things around the house and I still was perseverating about a burrito. So we went to Taco Hombre (a local Chipotle/Moe's-like place). I had a burrito with shredded beef and absolutely everything I haven't had in a while: tortilla, cheese, beans, rice. I even drank a coke with it. Ummm...that's pretty much everything I haven't been eating wrapped in a nice little tasty package washed down with a side of liquefied sugar. Burrito bomb.

I felt not so great about 10 minutes after. Fast forward about an hour later and my belly was talking and I'd swear an alien was going to bust out of my guts. I was in pain. PAIN. I won't go into the gory details but my night was spent rotating form the couch to the bathroom. Awful. Just awful.

I was supposed to meet the girls for a ride on Sunday. With a pocket full of baby wipes, I dragged myself over to the park and spun up to meet them. Let's just say I had 3 visits to the woods before they arrived. During the ride, I didn't know if I was going to barf or crap myself. It was touch and go for the first hour then eventually, I started to feel a little better. I sucked down 5 bottles in less than 3 hours. It kinda felt like riding off a wicked hangover.

Just say "No".
I learned my lesson. Baby steps. I guess you could say it was aversion therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment