Monday, June 24, 2013

Disco Lemonade

I recover at the speed of pudding. The week after a hundred I am absolutely useless. I usually don't start feeling like a normal person until two weeks after. It was an even tougher pill to swallow this past week because I couldn't even ride my new bike. I picked it up the morning we left for the LJ100 so it's been in the basement just waiting and taunting me.  I messed with it and switched out the tires, put on my fat, cushy grips and old lady saddle and got my basic starting point set-ups done as far as reach, saddle height and suspension is concerned. I stared at it and took it out for an easy spin up and down our road, but I felt awful. I made an attempt to take it out Saturday but the body wasn't having it, so I had to wait another day. Yesterday, I finally got to take it out. I was still pretty beat, but NBS (New Bike Syndrome) put a little pep in my step.


Rocks, roots, road....I hit a little bit of everything. My first review was that it was "better than pulled pork." That's extremely high praise coming from me.

So what am I going to do with it? Ride it for now. That's what. I never really learned how to ride a bike with shifty bits in the woods and I'll leave it at that. I wanted a little more comfort and squish and now I have it. It just happened to come in a much awesomer format than planned.

I planned on a lesser Epic model when I walked into Dark Horse and somehow walked away with an S-Works. Yes, a little flashy and a lot of bike for me at my level, but I got a hella good deal and couldn't pass it up. I do have some reservations that the bike is too nice for me.

A couple of more rides and I think I might get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment