Thursday, December 26, 2013

Meatloaf, Smeatloaf


I had some big plans of taking a Christmas photo of Mike and I out on the snowy and frozen trails. However, that plan never came to fruition as the only stopping was to maneuver around ice (there was a lot of that), speed pee and let the hands get warm. Digging the phone out was the last thing on my mind as it was a wee bit chilly out there. It was cold enough to start that Mike had to take extra precautionary measures so his junk didn't get cold on the road ride to and fro:



When I asked Mike what he wanted for Christmas dinner his response was "Meatloaf." Meatloaf? Really? I was thinking beef tenderloin,ham, seafood...not meatloaf. Cue A Christmas Story:

                             " Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."

So I covered it in bacon to make it more Christmas-y.



Everything worked out.


There is always a sigh of relief as the holiday insanity comes to a close. This year it's a little different for me as I did something a tad bit on the silly side, so now it's my turn  to get a bit crazy. I made the decision to go to Utah this year and do the True Grit Epic. For those of you keeping score, that's an NUE on March 15th. I wouldn't feel so nervous about it if I had been feeling well these past few months. I'm on the up and up now and I just hope it continues so I can get what I need done so I don't embarrass myself (too much). All nervousness and fear of looking like an ass aside, I am pretty excited to go ride in St. George. I promised myself last year that I would do a new-to-me NUE venue even if  it required a plane ticket and well, I like to keep my promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment