Monday, November 14, 2011

This Is Not My Bike


With me having broken, busted, used and abused things on a few different bikes I was down to only my carbon ss. I'm now down to no bike. I have frames that I can resurrect and ride. Just a matter of getting the components together. Still a pain in the ass. Saturday, I went to pick up a wheel at the shop and decided to ride at Stewart. My fork felt extra squishy off the car. I put air in it. I was riding with my friend Dave and we made it halfway up Scoffield and it wasn't holding air. Came back tried again. Stood on it and it wasn't holding. I thought it was acting up last weekend at Jungle. I just brushed it off attributed it to my poor 29er handling there and the big gear. This still was 90% of the problem but I do feel a little better.

Took the bike to the shop. Ready to call it a day and go home and go for a trail run. George was nice enough to offer his geared bike. I said no at first. The handlebars are a little funky for me so I was certain I would injure myself in some way. Also, the way I've been riding lately I also felt like there was a good chance I would bend something, snap something or break something off. I finally caved and took it out. Much obliged to be able to get a workout in. Even happier that I got it muddy and didn't have to give it a bath. I offered. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. As for the handlebars, all I'm going to say is that those things make the bike twitchy as hell. Thought I was going down in a few turns but I remained upright. I'll stick to the flat bars.

Last weekend I felt strong. This weekend, another story. Saturday my knees were a little achy and my hands hurt. I chalked it up to the positioning. I knew better. By Saturday night my hands, knees, elbows, ankles and feet were killing me. I felt flarey. I was hot a sweaty. My resting HR was around 100. Good times. I was bummed. I woke up Sunday and it wasn't good. Standing was uncomfortable. Breathing hurt. Walking to the bathroom was no fun. I had a date with the DVR and got addicted to Discovery Channel's Gold Rush. I could write a whole post on the amount of work those guys do for a fleck of gold. Unreal. Watch it. You'll be amazed. So basically not much I could do on Sunday besides sleep and tv. Today I made it to work. Albeit very late, but I made it. Still feel crappy and walking is not comfortable. Hoping it changes this week. Planning on doing the 6 Hour this weekend. If I haven't come around by Wednesday, Saturday is probably doubtful. The fork may be here in time. The Marathon will be together just in case. Thinking about going old school and bringing the rigid 26er Vicious (Roxie) out to play. I've been missing her lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment