Thursday, November 3, 2011

Night


Some find it hard to believe that I have never ridden at night in the woods. Yes, it's true. And I'm not counting a few miscalculations when I got stuck in the dark and rode/walked/crawled out with a cell phone light. I've never owned proper lights for riding. I sometimes trail run at night and have been known to use my little Petzl light to ride around the block at night, but I've never ventured into the woods. Well, the time has come. I finally ordered lights. My helmet light came. Still waiting on the handlebar light. The helmet light was enough to go cruise around Waway.




I will have to say it will take some getting used to. It's a little different sensation. I felt like I was moving so slow. Still not certain if my HR was so high because I was working hard or if it was my body going into fight-or-flight mode. After awhile I started to enjoy the quiet and the sound of my breath. I liked riding at night a lot more than I thought I would. I wasn't phased by the dark or being alone until I started to think about why Tombstone is named Tombstone. Yes, that's right. There's a graveyard just off the singletrack. My hackles went up and I wanted to get the hell out of there. I tried to quiet the imagination, but I couldn't. It likes to run wild. Next night ride will be at Jungle. I'm stoked because that should be super creepy. Here's to new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment