Monday, October 31, 2011

White Halloween

WTP

Saturday, I ran to Lowe's while Mike ripped out the shower. Really good idea if we hadn't lost power, but I digress. Thank God I took the big truck because I would not have made it home. By the time I turned onto Echo Lake it was nasty and there were cars pulled over everywhere. Coming up the Warwick Turnpike was no fun. It was odd to see snow clinging to trees with the leaves still on them. Snow covered Fall.



Night Walk on Saturday


Electricity went out on Saturday. Monday was the first time I had anything that resembled a shower or bath since Friday. Not a pleasant smelling weekend. Power finally came on Monday morning. We were lucky. Many of my friends and coworkers still don't have power. I woke up Monday so extremely sore from my shoveling adventures on Sunday. I felt like I had had a stroke on my left side. I definitely need to start hitting the gym regularly.


So last night I dragged myself to the gym and I was feeling pretty lethargic after a long day at work and a two day candy bender. I decided to try an energy chew. Coffee usually make me feel pretty good so what could go wrong? As someone who has never had an energy drink and technically should stay away from such things, well, let's just say it was a bad idea. I made it through without clutching my chest and falling off the treadmill. Although, for about 15 minutes it was touch-n-go. I envisioned passing out and falling and having the belt sear my face off. I made it. I even did some weights with some meat-heads.


Just say "NO".


Surprisingly, not sore today. Makes me think I babied myself and didn't lift the weight I should have. The meat-heads were right. They told me I looked like I could handle more. Should have listened, or not, it's nice to be able to lift my coffee without wincing.


Mountain Man rescheduled for the 12th. Still thinking about it. I registered for 6 Hours of Cathedral Pines a while ago. Not sure how I feel about it now. I'm not feeling so good about my cycling self. 6 hours seems like a lot of work for November. I'm sure a couple of rides on my ss and I'll be chomping at the bit. Maybe. Hopefully. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment