Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lonely Week


It's been tough this past week to have any sort of motivation. We lost Ike last week, so needless to say I've been a mess. I'm sure I'll post something about him soon. I just can't yet. He was with me for a long time.





I had all these plans to ride my cx bike and get used to the handling this past week or so. Didn't really happen. Tonight I took it down to Jungle. There are some roads in there and a few pieces of singletrack that aren't too uber technical. The singletrack went okay. It became fun after I got used to the handling. My biggest issue is with my hands. Not sure I'll be able to do the whole braking thing for 62 miles. I was uncomfortable after 20 minutes. It's going to be an issue. It's an issue with disc brakes so I know I'm going to have some trouble. Rethinking riding the cx bike for that reason. We'll see. I don't need to stop or slow down, right?



Jane and I are leaving on Saturday for PA. Some much needed fun will be had.


No comments:

Post a Comment