Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No Hellhounds Today

It was too nice out today to not go for a spin. I'm still beaten up from the weekend but it was a bad day at work and I needed a mental break so I decided to spin my legs out and take a cruise down Clinton Road. The hurricane washed out a few sections of the road and a bridge is out. It's terrible that the damage was done and that the road is closed. It's put a damper on my commute some days. However, on the selfish side it is nice to be able to ride down the middle without a care in the world.

Clinton Road is a place of urban legends and folklore. I didn't grow up in NJ but anyone who grew up in this area has a Clinton Road story. I'll have to admit that it is a little creepy. Mike and I had a strange experience driving home really late one night. That story is for another time...maybe. All I can say about it right now is that we screamed like school girls.




Rumors of witches, new species of animals that evolved after the demise of Jungle Habitat, scattered body parts, a castle in the woods where strange rituals take place....etc.





'U R Dead' after the curve


Clinton Reservoir

Come ride it at dusk or drive it at night. Maybe you'll get lucky and a ghost or a man in a lab coat will come out to play. Boowahahahahahaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment