Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fallish

The day started off with me working in Newark all day and a homeless man telling me I had a "nice backside for a white girl. " Still not sure how I want to take that one. Newark is not one of my favorite places to be. However, kettle corn from the farmer's market made it a little more bearable. I have a popcorn habit. From styrofoam air-popped with nothing on it to movie theater popcorn with artery clogging goodness and everything in between. It's all good.

Didn't really plan on riding tonight. I had given myself a reprieve from working out for the day. My run on Wednesday left me feeling not so chipper. However, after consuming a bag of kettle corn on my commute home I thought it best to get on the bike. Jungle it was. I drove down because it was late, looked like rain and riding up the Warwick Turnpike in the dark is never fun.



Pic from WeirdNJ.com

Jungle's a great place to go when you have limited time and you want to frustrate the hell out of yourself. It's a place where you either love it or hate. Depends on the day. People who have never been there and just show up for the race have provided the following thoughts/questions after the race: "Mind Fuck", "I'll never do that again," "That's NOT a racecourse," "What the hell was that?" "Was that a donkey?" "Are those cages?" "This is no place for bar ends."


If you're having a bad bike handling day or your balance is off you should probably go elsewhere. It's not going to be fun. It's not 6 foot drop tech. It's rocky, tight, pedal smacking, twisty, technical. All rideable if you're on. If you try to 'race' it, Jungle will beat you. Just staying on the bike is the fastest way around. It's mostly mental for me. As it got darker I started to ride better. I couldn't see what the hell I was riding over. I just did it.

What's wrong with this picture?

Ahhh, yes. fall is here....


On my way home I went to the grocery and it took everything in me to not buy Mallowmars. Wonder how long that will last? Damn you Nabisco. Damn you.

1 comment:

  1. Always good to read of your adventures! Yup, I'm sure a day in Newark would have sent me to the Kettle Korn also, but I have to confess I wouldn't have been as strong when it came to the Mallowmars, I would have been walking 10 miles this morning instead of 5.

    ReplyDelete