Thursday, September 22, 2011

Limbo

I've been having an identity crisis lately. What am I? Gearie? Singlespeeder? Hmmmm. 26er hardtail? 26er fully? SS 29er? Rigid SS 29er? It's lovely having options. It really is. However, because I switch bikes so much I've ended up in limbo. I kinda suck on everything right now.

Geax AKAs are really no fun in the slippery stuff

I'm having crazy thoughts of riding my SS at Michaux this weekend. This all started last weekend when I realized Saturday that the rear shock in my Epic was done. It was crunchy, boingy and bottoming out with like 180 #s in it. A goner. I needed a new rear shock. I had accepted the fact that I was going to have to ride my SS. Normally that's not an issue for me. I enjoy my SS. However, after the last traumatizing experience at Michaux I thought it best to take the Epic back for round two. I took the Epic into Dark Horse on Saturday and by Tuesday they had Bigs ready to roll again. Wow. That was fast. Thank you! All ready for me to take to Michaux. Perfect. Tonight I had a choice. I could have gone for a ride or I could have driven to the shop to get my Epic. I decided on the ride tonight. Shop tomorrow. I wanted to make the final decision on the bike for Sunday.

It was slimy tonight. I had some issues at first but it came together. The Geax AKA is not on my favorite things list for wet, slippery, mossy, rocky, rooty...that's for damn sure. I was a little hesitant after a few near crashes. I let out some air in the back tire and made myself practice a few sections and I finally got it (somewhat) together. I've decided to go with the SS for the weekend. Crazy talk, right? It still has to be better than last time. That's me being optimistic.

So as I was nearing the end of Sitting Bear tonight I came upon this in the trail and was cursing the rider who left a beat tube in the trail. Not a tube...

He really didn't care about me. It was time to get his chipmunk on....

I will probably have nightmares tonight. Not probably. Most certainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment