Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ice Cream Lunch

I've been in quite the funk since the Lumberjack. My body hasn't been cooperating and when I feel like crap for so long I tend to become a little depressed and a lot crabby. There's a lot of laying on the couch and quite a few bouts of crying. I hate to admit it, but it's true. As of Friday night, I swore I was giving up on this hundred crap and selling my bikes. It wasn't worth the aftermath or the heartbreak. It happens everytime I have a bad week or so. On top of the usual, I'm having some other complications (which I'll share at another time) which just added to my crazy.

Today my hands, wrists and elbows were terrible. Everything else felt okay. No bike.  Unfortunately, I have to be able to hold onto the handlebars and brake (crazy, right?), plus the vibrations would kill me. I've had a little mini-adventure I've been wanting to do for a while and today was as good as any. I was going out of the house to the Appalachian Trail and hiking to the Bellvale Creamery and back. If ice cream isn't a motivator, I don't know what is.


It's not exactly a paved, groomed trail. It's pretty challenging. There's a lot of traffic this time of year. Made things interesting and I gave a lot of directions to the ice cream. It's a place of note in the AT trail books. Some hikers I came across had been on the trail for 80 days. I was not the stinkiest kid on the playground for once.




Sweet glory. "Bellvale Bog" and "meadow muffin" with gummy bears.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great meal to me! I generally do it for dinner - yum remember Cold Stone Creamery?

    ReplyDelete