Friday, August 10, 2012

One More


Today I finally bit the bullet and registered for the SM100. I've been putting it off. There will be no Hampshire 100 for me as planned. At this point, I would rather eat my own toenails than do another hundred in a week. I figure by Sept. 2nd I will be ready to roll again...mentally and physically (I hope).

I haven't had much active time since the W101. I've been in full on flare-up mode since. Everything hurts. It was bound to happen. The humidity does not agree with me. I always have trouble in the early spring and July/August.  I would rather full on rain than hot and humid.

I made this mistake of looking at the Shen elevation profile today while I was eating lunch. It shouldn't shock me. I rode it last year. It's the one hundred I have experienced and know what to expect. It sure as hell doesn't look as bad as Cohutta on paper. My goal as of today: FINISH and NO CRYING (Thanks, W101, for making that a goal). Oh yeah, and no tummy issues. That was a Lumberjack to remember.

I think I have my top tube print-out ready:

FINISH

NO CRYING

NO POOPING

This is one glamorous sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment