Thursday, May 21, 2009

No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar, NO FUN

So to try and help my body out with the latest flare I've begrudgingly gone back to the strict eating plan. Just when I had started adding foods back...

Many ask what the heck I eat. Well, here are some of the usuals...

Quick Fried Rice

Cooked Brown Rice (some gluten, but most tolerate well)
1/2 Eggs
As many veggies as you want....use fresh or frozen
garlic
Olive Oil

Throw the veggies and garlic into the heated oil until they are crisp tender. Add rice and heat up. Make a little space for the egg. Crack an egg and as cooking stir it in with the rice and veggies. Use Bragg's Liquid Aminos and not the evil soy sauce....it's fermented, I have to stay away from anything fermented. Plus, the sodium content is not crazy.

Avocado Egg Salad

10 hard-boiled egg whites, diced
1/3 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
8 tbsp avocado, mashed
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
sea salt

Combine eggs, onions, celery, avocado and mustard. Stir until well mixed. Add paprika, pepper and salt; stir to combine. I usually store in fridge and eat for lunch/snack for a couple of days after.

The next one sounds scary but it's probably my favorite....

"Caesar" Dressing

300-g package soft tofu
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt

Whirl it all in a blender or food processor. It's REALLY good, I swear. You can make some kickin' salads with this dressing! Mike eats it and I've even told him what's in it....

No comments:

Post a Comment