Tuesday, May 8, 2012

random

Some of my non-bike, non-exercising friends often ask me what I think about during a long ride or an endurance race and if I wear headphones so I don't go crazy. I've never been one for listening to music when I ride. I feel like it distracts me from the bike. I like to hear my breathing, the sounds of the outdoors and the sound of my bike rolling across the ground. It's soothing to me. I sometimes will take my iPod but it usually ends up annoying me and getting stuffed in my jersey pocket. I don't feel as connected when I listen to music. I am my own entertainment. I have a habit of singing along to the songs in my head horribly off key and way too loud. I always say it's because we live in bear country and it scares the bears away. Scares pretty much everything away, especially when I'm belting out some random Guns-n-Roses or Rick Springfield song (I didn't say I had good taste). I've been busted when I happened upon other riders or hikers. Now it's just a full blown issue. I used to keep this dirty little habit to myself, or try to. It's starting to get worse because I now do it when I ride with people.  It can't be a pleasant experience for those who can hear me.

Not only am I big on singing badly, but I also will blurt out random movie quotes. Some of my favorites include:

Who wants to see the trip tic?
I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
You're as bout useful as a poopy flavored lollipop. 
It rubs the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again.
As far as what I think about. Well, that's just full blown nutso like everyone else I'm sure (I hope). Tonight's installment of randomness went something like this:  Saw a grasshopper...Is there a grasshopper season? Seems early for grasshoppers...Mmmm. Grasshopper Pie...Crickets. Some people eat crickets, chocolate covered cricket probably wouldn't be bad...Jiminy Cricket...It would be cool if he could sit on my shoulder as I rode. Nah. He probably would annoy me. I wonder if he would poop on me like a parrot?...What are some other other storybook creatures...Dwarfs, Seven Dwarfs. Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleazy...Shit. No. Google that when you get home...Three Little Pigs. Did they have names? Why don't I know this? Google that, too...Brady Bunch. This one I know. Greg, Bobby, Peter, Cindy, Marcia, Jan, Mike, Carol, Alice, Tiger, Sam the Butcher...Dinner, What's for dinner? Steak sounds good. Never mind. That would require going to the store. Definitely not going to the store like this. I would have to go in in my wet and muddy riding shoes and clothes. Dirty looks the last time I did that. I felt bad I dripped everywhere and made a mess, I hope that mean one who is always texting and calls me ma'am had to clean it up. That's mean, Jocelyn. Maybe she was having a bad day. No. She's always nasty....Nasty Girls, Janet Jackson. Oh, God. I really can't start singing that. That's bad even by my standards...Happy and Bashful, YES!!!

I may need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment