Monday, June 8, 2009

6 Hours = 3.25 Hours

Not really sure why I agreed to the 6 hour race thing. Usually I enjoy endurance races. After being off the bike I was a little apprehensive about this one. For good reason. I had no idea how long I would last and how I would recover.

The course was very tight and twisty. The lap was only 5 miles long. After a while it became mind-numbing. I didn't know if I was coming or going. I had absolutely zero competitive juices flowing. We lined up and had to run to our bikes. I basically trotted/power walked. I usually enjoy picking off men and staying away--not on this day. I was very chill. I just tried to work on being smooth and enjoying the bike. I was enjoying the bike until about 2.5 hours and then it was painful. I didn't know if I could take much more. I went for another lap which turned out to be my last. The next time I came around to the pit I threw in the towel and sat-down. I made myself useful and fed Mike and Jim B.

I made it over 3 hours and to be honest I'm shocked that I made it that long. At least I got a workout in.

No comments:

Post a Comment