Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kamikaze Chipmunks

Happy to be off-road!

Very proud to have trashed her bike and body

wow...at least my monstrosity of a zit got covered by the mud

Well, you know these aren't my circus freak feet...
.......................................................................................................
Finally my tri friend Stacey has decided to do a cross-country race. The Darkhorse Gallop will be her first XC race since the 90s!
You never really know what to expect when you ride with someone for the first time in the dirt (Are they going to endo? Are they going to freak out about the mud? Are they going to make you look like a jackass? Where is the nearest hospital?). I didn't know what to expect.
Having raced and ridden the road with her I knew she had a huge engine (well, I guess the 3 or so Ironmans had something to do with that). She didn't make it easy for me today. I could feel the hours I've put in this past week on the bike as well as those weeks I spent holding down the couch. It just goes to show you-- if you're fit, you're fit. It doesn't all necessarily have to be on the bike.
All in all it was a good day. The weather was so so but the ride was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment