Thursday, October 18, 2012

Brief Whole30 Update

Well. It's been going. I'm officially on Day 11. A short recap so far:

Day 5: I started to break out like a greasy, hormonal teenager.

Day 6 and 7: My head felt like I was receiving a lobotomy with an ice pick. I wanted to sleep all day. Day 6 and 7 happened to be on a Saturday and Sunday and my workout attempts were so sad I have trouble calling them work-outs. On a hike on Sunday I didn't think I was going to make it out of the woods alive.

Day 8-11: Things are starting to come around and I don't feel so much like a zombie. Starting to feel a flare-up coming on. Most likely stress from work and working hours and not Whole30 related.

I haven't had any slips or cheats. Not a one. So far it hasn't been that hard to stay on the plan. I even have made it through two staff meetings (always tons of food), Bagel Day, Cupcake Day and the random crap that is always hanging around any office. The ladies around here do love to bake and share.

I'm waiting for this great sleep to come that everyone talks about and feeling fresh and rested in the morning. So far, not happening. I still feel like I've been on a tequila bender every morning.

Hopefully, I start feeling better while working out.

That's all for now. Sorry for the brief post. I've been busy, busy, busy. More of a recap to come when I'm not working or making Whole30 approved meals.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds horrible!LOL Can you at least still green juice? Props to you for giving this a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been some dark days to say the least...:>). I kept up the first week then I stopped juicing. I could. The meal prep kinda has been taking place of my juicing time. Eventually, it will be back. I'm pretty much eating what I was juicing anyway!!!

      Delete