Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 5

Today is officially Day 5 on the Whole30. I can say that I have been all of the Seven Dwarfs this week. Besides being slightly more Sybil-like than normal this week, I haven't had any trouble with staying on the plan. The hardest part has been the exhaustion at around 2 pm when I normally have my little sugary snack. I do like my Jolly Ranchers, gummy things and dark chocolate. I'm also used to my afternoon coffee. You can have coffee on the Whole30, but they say you shouldn't have any caffeine after noon. I've been sticking to that. If I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna do it. The lethargy and headaches in the afternoons for the first few days were pretty intense. I'm hoping it gets better soon.

I have to really plan and organize my meals. I don't want to live on hard boiled eggs and broccoli. I've been trying a few of their recipes. Pretty good so far.


Frittata


Pre-Workout Snack
Wednesday night was my first real activity of Week One. I went for a trail run. I felt like I was running in pudding that was up to my knees. My legs didn't want to work. Last night, I went for the first night ride of the fall and it didn't go as horribly as I expected. Here is a conversation with my body:

Body: Yay! We are riding! There will be sugary snacks and carby drinks!

Me: You will have just water and like it.

Body: WTF? What the Hell is wrong with you?


After working through a few bad patches and fighting the brain fog, it turned out okay. I didn't have any snap or pop, but I really didn't expect to. I'm just happy I lasted over an hour without passing out or having to walk the climb to the car.

My wrist still needs a little time. I can't get all singletrack crazy and a cross race is out of the question for now. It's probably for the best because I can't even think about attempting a hard ride until my body comes around. Rumor has it at around 10 days in you start to feel better. Here's hoping.

I read that people often had dreams of sugary snacks in Week One. I'd been okay unit last night. I dreamt that a co-worker snuck a cupcake under my brussel sprouts and that I took a bite by accident. I was pissed and started screaming at her because I had to start my Whole30 over again. Not the usual cravings dream, I'm sure. It was still pretty messed up and it involved a big cupcake. That's gotta say something about the power of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment