Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DC

Monday I took a train to DC to meet up with family. It was a hot, short, action packed visit. By action packed I mean walking and standing. How is it I can ride a bike for 6 hours and be fine but ask me to walk and stand and I'm crippled? I arrived around 5ish and took a cab from Union Station to the hotel. The fam was running late so I entertained myself with a walk around the hood. I scouted out food and coffee. Very important. The weary traveler's made it and we hoofed it to the White House.

Grace and Jack

The bikes made me happy. The Segway gangs made me angry. Ridiculous. That's all I'm going to to say about that. I could devote an entire blog post to my dislike of Segways.



I still have nightmares about memorizing and reciting the Gettysburg Address in front of the class in the 5th grade.





















SO hot. So sweaty. They aren't bee lining to the Museum of American History for culture, but for air conditioning.








Is it wrong that this was a highlight?





Finished it off with margs by the pool and watching the Europeans in banana hammocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment