Sunday, August 7, 2011

little things

I haven't been on the bike all week. The last time I was on the bike was the morning of the 40. I think, wait, I know I've only been on the bike 4 hours in the last two weeks because I've been feeling so crappy. I've been keeping to the sofa and catching up on bad tv. We were supposed to go to Sewell today to race the Summer Sizzler. It was postponed because of the weather. I'm happy about that because I was looking forward to that one and there was no way I could have raced today. Mike went to the H2H race at the 909 and I stayed home to sleep in and hopefully get reacquainted with my bike. I decided to take out my little wheeled fully (aka Bigs). I figure if I'm supposed to attempt Shen on the thing I need to start riding it.

While I was getting my bottles together there was a ruckus in the yard. I heard Ike run off the porch and saw him dart across the yard. He's 13 and darting and exerting energy really isn't his thing anymore. Trust me. Old man moved. I was at the sink and I thought, "oh shit it's a bear." Hackles up and he was growling and barking. I threw my bottles down into the sink and ran outside ready to see a bear. What I saw was quite the match-up....


I was laughing hysterically. I had to eventually save the thing because it was only a matter of time before Ike got a piece of him.





Tough guys




Bigs



I rode to Wayway and it was a slippery bitch. I didn't do so hot. Technically, I was fine. Bigs still rocks at Waway. Power wise I had nothing. I felt tired and weak and like I had 30 hour week in my legs. If I come to by Wednesday I may do the Wildcat Epic for shits and giggles. That's right. You read that correctly.

I don't advise trying to cut through to the Pines. Stupid pipeline mud.



Tomorrow, I'm on my way to D.C. to meet up with my mom, sister-n-law, niece and nephew in D.C. for a couple of days. Should be interesting...


No comments:

Post a Comment