Monday, August 29, 2011

Mooch Madness and a Bitch Named Irene

On Thursday, when I registered for Mooch Madness, I knew it wasn't a good idea because we are supposed to go to Shenandoah this weekend. I don't recover well anyway and I'm still not feeling great after the Wildcat Epic. I had planned on racing my single on Sunday in Sewell at the Summer Sizzler but everything was canceled for Sunday. Probably for the best. I'm still feeling flat. Off to Allamuchy for Mooch Madness. I knew I shouldn't do it or if I did it I definitely shouldn't 'race' or finish. It was the only thing going on because Irene had put a damper on any races on the East Coast.

JA and AH

I had made the disclaimer to Stacey (aka Ass Hole) that if she saw me anywhere near her she had my permission to knock me off my bike. I'm sure she was looking forward to this opportunity but I was chill and rode like a slug for two laps and called it a day. The course was great and Norm and MTBNJ.com did a great job with the race. Lots of fun. Even under the threat of a hurricane they pulled it off.

We got home just in time to prepare for whatever Irene was going to throw at us. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as they had predicted.



Our road


Ike is way too happy that he doesn't have to go too far for a swim.



The creek across from our house more like a river




My parking spot



Working from home today because I'm trapped for now until the water recedes. Not necessarily a bad thing...



No comments:

Post a Comment