Monday, December 5, 2011

popcorn dreams

There's really not much to report. I've been pretty boring. Leaving the house around 7ish all last week and not returning home until 8ish on most nights. Not much fun. Not much time for much else. Flare-up last week. Mouth sores and the whole thing. Not sure if it was work or the previous week on the bike. Probably a little of both. Saturday, I tried to ride but it didn't work out. It felt like my appendages were going to rip off at the elbows, knees and ankles and I was weak as all hell. I started with Mike and Gerry from our house and ended up circling the lake home. I actually took pain killers on Saturday. I don't do that very often because they make me feel so horrible a few hours in and the day after. I have quite the collection (Percocet, Oxy, Vicodin, Ultracet). It's a 'hillbilly heroine' jackpot in my cupboard. I was miserable and had to cave.

A day and night of in between asleep and awake and some really screwed up dreams (Mick Jagger and Orville Redenbocker were my next door neighbors who rescued parrots and hamsters and ran the Utopia deli. Mick was excited for the bear hunt. Orville liked to give me free popcorn. Mmmm.) and I awoke Sunday with a hangover and disappointed there was no popcorn. I rode to Waway for a ride by myself. Didn't want to commit to anything more in case I felt awful. Well, I did feel awful. Just a drug induced awful. It's like a hangover but without the fun.

I worked some things out on the ride over (mentally and physically). I stopped for some dry heaving and a reexamination of my plans for the day. I finally made it to the park and started to feel better. I ran into some freeriders and rode with them for a while. They always put things into perspective for me. I realize what a wuss I am most of the time.


Hunting season started to day. Bear and deer. That puts a damper on the local woods. Not ready to give them up quite yet. Snow will take them away soon enough and I will be under 40 lbs. of clothing on the road. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment