Sunday, January 22, 2012

Camp Arlene

I'm still shocked that I made it here when I did. Considering how bad the drive was to the airport and how many times the plane was de-iced, I'll take four hours behind schedule.

Sitting in Newark and thinking I was doomed

Made it to Denver and was supposed to get to Tucson by way of Albuquerque. However, I missed every connector and they pulled me in Denver and sent me from there to Tucson. When the customer service rep told me they were pulling my bags and went on to say that they couldn't find my bike but found my duffel bag and then proceeded to tell me that this was good news because at least I had underwear, well, I had little meltdown. They found a duffel bag but couldn't find a bike? I must have looked pathetic while processing the news because a pilot waiting for his next flight offered to go check underneath the plane for me. I wanted to hug him. Unfortunately, it was too late because the plane had left the gate. Continue meltdown. As soon as I saw this coming on my flight I was hopeful it was mine...


It was...
First trail fix of the trip...

Never underestimate the power of pink duct tape.

Always sage advice


Can't. Stop. Smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment