Sunday, January 8, 2012

Retirement Party

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the retirement of the Gear Fairy. I used to say out loud where I was going to ride and what gear I would like on my bike and then I would wake up the next morning and POOF!!!...the gear was magically changed overnight. The Gear Fairy has been good to me and has served me well. All good things must come to an end. Unfortunately, the Gear Fairy can't make the trip to AZ with me so it's time for me to start doing it myself.


Embarrassed at how easy it really is. I've watched Mike do it a thousand times and I did attempt to learn how a few years ago. However, I never had a reason to do it because I would just summon the Gear Fairy and be done with it. We had a little gear changing session on Friday night. Pretty wild Friday night, I know. There was some laughter, some yelling, some eye-rolling and some sighs in frustration. Then I actually stopped doing all those things and listened. My hands are funky so I had to figure out my own tricks for doing things but I worked it out. It may be painful to watch, but I get the job done. I rode it on Saturday and there was no wonkiness. Changed it again yesterday and rode again today and all is well. I guess the Gear Fairy was watching over me. The next session is troubleshooting when shit goes wrong. There's always more fun to be had.

1 comment: