Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ouch


Conventional wisdom would tell you that riding too much is bad. I tend to agree. I get it. The whole rest and recovery thing. It's just really hard not to be on the bike for a long time every day out here. Out here I feel like a normal person and don't wake up feeling like I have 90 year old joints or a fat man sitting on my chest and I want to take advantage of it. I got the typical week after being on a plane head-cold. It never fails. Didn't knock me down enough to keep me off the bike. Just a little lot snotty and choking and gagging on my own mucous at some points, but so worth it. I'm starting to feel the miles. Both in body and in spirit. Everything is starting to hurt. It hurts in what I think is a 'normal' way and that I can handle.

Had my first crash of note out here. I crash a lot. I consider myself somewhat of an expert in that sense. I usually pop back up and am on the bike again before anyone can make a big deal about it. However, this was one of those crashes where I had to sit on a rock and take inventory for a few minutes after and make sure everything was still attached and where it needed to be. I know it was bad because my heart rate went from 140 to 56 in an instant. My bottles were ejected and my glasses were tossed. Wind knocked out of me. Good stuff.


                                  
I hit kinda hard.

New shorts no more.
My front is much worse, but not blog appropriate. Looks like I skidded down a rock face on my belly. Oh wait, I did. Let's just say I won't be wearing underwear for a while.

My shoes have had it and my toes are peeking out.

Oh, my feet. They hurt like a bitch. I'm about ready to cut-off my circus freak toe-fingers.


Not sure how I'm going to turn over a pedal at SSAZ. That's not until Saturday and I still have plenty of more days to inflict pain upon myself. I'll make it. I think. 

2 comments:

  1. Rest, true...but have fun and enjoy! Sorry about the crash- ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crashing in the desert is like crashing on the road. No pillow loamy landings out there.

    ReplyDelete