Monday, April 23, 2012

By Choice

After getting a sunburn on Saturday I was a little shocked and miffed by the weather on Sunday. Okay. Not too miffed. I really didn't have much to do. Saturday had been a good day, both for weather and bike time. Oh, sure, I could have cleaned, done laundry and  all those normal things that I should keep up with. However, I only have so many matches. My 'matches' or 'spoons' are pretty much allotted for working and riding a bike. Some days there aren't enough to go around for that. I opted to chill out and rest on my terms for once.  Because I said so. Not because I had to. I do have Cohutta on Saturday, so there is plenty of riding time in my future and I want to make sure I make it to the start. Plus, it was miserable out. I went out for a little spin in the morning and as a few ginormous, wet snowflakes fell in a cold rain, I called it a day.


At around 5ish, I got a distress call from Mike that he needed a rescue. CO2 chuck fail on Rockodendrum. He's lucky that I didn't get too involved in some terrible tv show or there may have been a different outcome. I peeled myself away from the sofa and braved the weather for a rescue.


 Somewhere on Cherry Ridge I found him.


We leave for TN on Thursday. Jane got in and is coming with us. I'm glad because that significantly reduces the odds of Mike and I killing each other on the car ride there and back. Plus, he will be out voted on many occasions. I'm almost feeling a little sorry for Mike for having to put up with the both of us. Almost.

We are staying in the 'Floyd Landis' cabin. I find it humorous that the cabin rental place advertises it as such and is very proud of that fact. Seriously, EVERY email I get has that in there. I'm not sure I see it as a selling point. I'm no expert, but I think FL has had some issues these last few years.

1 comment:

  1. best of luck down there. you will do awesome. just pace yourself and stay hydrated and fed and you'll be alright.

    ReplyDelete