Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going

Spending the night finishing up some work and packing so we can get out of here tomorrow. Of course, I can't be normal and drink whatever they give me at the aid stations. Heed will cause me to hurl on myself and go into convulsions. Don't even get me started on Perpetuem. So I've decided to put bottles in my drop bags with my fuel of choice.


Some snacks for the road.

                                    

I was prescribed all of these on Monday by my rheumatologist. However, there is no way I will start any of these a week before a 100 miler. I need to first figure out what kind of side effects I'm dealing with. I don't need to work through any of that on Saturday. I'll have enough to worry about. They can wait. One more week will not make a difference.


I went on a little Waway shakedown ride tonight to get the legs and lungs working and make sure the bike is good to go. The bike felt great. I wasn't really feeling so peppy. I'm not too worried (yet). I would much rather feel a little off today than on Saturday. The forecast says sunny and 85*. Now that worries me a little.

The really good news is that the 'Outhouses of Death' have been fixed. Hurricane Irene did a nice little number on these. For a while there, the outhouses were just as technical as the trails:


Good luck with that
                                              
We're good to go now. If you're coming here to race in the next month or so you can breathe a sigh of relief. You will no longer have to pick the correct line and balance to pee and/or other.
   
                                

Gearing, I still am not certain. I've heard everything from a 32/22  to a 34/19. These are all pretty respectable singlespeed sources, too. I'm just gonna go with what I've been doing my long rides on. I'll bring my bag of goodies just in case, but I doubt I change a thing. Gear choice is the least of my concerns right now.

Here's hoping for a start and a finish on Sunday...

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on Sunday! You said something to me last year that still resonates with me today..."keep moving forward no matter what the pace". Sending positive energy for a great race on Sunday. Sort of wish I was going as well- sort of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! you'll do fine. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm sure you already know I'm supporting and routing for you. Love you kiddo :-)

    ReplyDelete