Monday, April 16, 2012

The Wedding

It was a whirlwind of a weekend to say the least. Mike and I flew to Ohio on Friday morning and came home Sunday morning. As soon as I got in I had to go take care of what is now referred to as 'Dressgate'. For the original dress, I sent measurements to Ohio. Yes, I think we can all see the issue with this. So unbeknownst to me, a few tried on the dress and decided it was awful and then the dress compiling started behind the scenes. When I got there on Friday, I had a few dresses to try on. None fit perfectly, but the winner fit good enough. We had to do a little creative pinning (to make up for my lack of a chest) but we made it work. Thank goodness my sister looked fantastic so no one was looking at me and my tan lines and busted legs. Well, except my brother. He gave me shit.

 
Grace, Me and Rachel

I even got the standard pre-wedding mani and pedi. The fact that I let someone touch my feet was a major step for me. I only jumped out of the chair and was writhing in pain once and the person doing my feet didn't freak out as in the past. Let's just call it a success.

We got home on Sunday and took a little nap and then I went for a post-wedding shakedown ride. Legs were a little tired at first, but they came around. I'm attributing it to wedding shenanigans, being on heels for longer than I'm accustomed to and cutting the proverbial rug at the reception. I think that was more exhausting than a day on the bike.

Time to rest up and get ready for my Cohutta adventure. Week number one of Doxy is done. Not sure if I had a nasty flare-up or if it's Lyme/Erlichia on top of everything else. I didn't test positive, but I didn't test positive until test # 3 last time. Glad they're being a little more proactive this time around. Either, way I'm glad to be up and riding. Hoping to feel decent for the next week or so so I can give Cohutta a go. April 28th is sure coming around a lot faster than expected. Yikes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment