Sunday, February 19, 2012

ladies

Saturday night I was starting to dread my Sunday ride. Not because I needed to be on the bike or workout, I wanted to ride. I just was craving some company. I also have been in the woods a lot as of late. Since there's no snow, I haven't really put in much road time. So I got an email that the infamous 'Rocket Ride' was on for Sunday. Awesome. I always have a good time on Bossa's 'Rocket Ride'. 

I took my bike off the trainer and was praying that it would behave. Last time I touched it, I was WD-40ing the chain because it was so rusted and kinked and I wanted to put it on the trainer. It hasn't seen the road since the summer. 



I met the 'ladies' near the GWB in Ft. Lee. I use the term 'ladies'  loosely. There's nothing ladylike going on here. Bunch of trash talking, foul-mouthed chicks on bikes. Love it.


At one point one of Stacey's snot rockets blew straight back at me and went in my mouth. I gasped in horror, almost barfed, but soldiered through. Of course, she laughed her ass off. I guess that's karma for posting a picture of my green snot.We all worked way harder than we planned and everybody made it back to the parking lot without imploding. Good day.


It's always a bonus to end a ride with a Mallowmar party and then go out for a sangwich with friends.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I finished my bagel before I read that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Stacey is still learning road etiquette. No blowing nose in front of pace line....Come on Sta!!!!

    ReplyDelete