Friday, March 9, 2012

Fail

For once I did not procrastinate and I took action right away. I found a meditation class and I showed up. Unfortunately, my experience only lasted about 5 minutes. No, not because of the reasons you may think: uncontrollable giggles and/or eye rolling. I was ready to take it seriously and really give it a shot. My enlightenment was stymied by damn incense. To say I have a reaction to incense is an understatement. I become nauseated and my asthma goes crazy. I tried to sit through it. I really did. I couldn't. I felt wheezy and sick. Not really the effect I was going for. That wasn't too relaxing.

I should have known better. I usually ask studios before I attend any classes. Next time I will definitely ask.

Mike called me from his West Coast Tour and all I had to say was "incense" and he knew things didn't go so well. I think he still feels bad about the time he sprayed ant spray near the couch. That was a fun night. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on and why I couldn't breathe while I was simply trying to watch my old lady programs. He denied spraying anything. Eventually, the truth came out. Sometimes, I think it was a test to see what levels would kill me. Kidding. Or am I?

So I'll try again. I'm thinking of buying some sort of DVD or something. Not really the best solution but it may be the safest.

As far as the week...it's gotten better. I've been on some easy rides. Breathing is coming around. At least I'm off my ass. That's all I can ask. No short track for me tomorrow, either. The body's not quite ready yet.

My Clinton Road find of the week:

 I

It's always something when you travel down this road. Keeps things interesting, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment