Friday, March 30, 2012

Keeping Busy

Another non-stellar week has come to an end. I'm not as down as I was a about a month ago. I can breathe without pain, so that's always good news. I just have the damn fatigue. Unless, you've experienced it, I don't think my description can do it justice. I know it's getting bad when I can't carry gallon jugs of water from the car to the house or dry my hair without wanting to sit down. I've done a little better at taking it in stride this week and not getting too freaked out. Yesterday's day at work kicked my ass and I was home by 5:30 pm and in bed watching bad t.v. by 6. Dance Moms was the brain cell killing, IQ dropping, flavor of the night. (Holy shit!! What is wrong with those people?!!??) Mike was sweet and bought me a Cadbury Egg for a treat. Yeah, I ate it. Alone. In bed. In the dark.  

I had planned on doing Hopbrook this weekend. I'm still on the fence. I could feel better tomorrow. I'm not going to be at full power. I get that. I just want to be able to do it for some intensity and I don't want to make myself sick in the process. So I'm trying to be nice to the body and also keep myself busy when I'm home after working hours so I don't obsess over not riding and get totally crazy. 

Not the cool compression tights that you buy in cycling catalogues. Old lady, prescription, thigh-high,  nude tone. Damn Sexy. 

If I get bored enough, I have enough Veloskin to do every bike in the stable.
I was hoping that the BBS (Borowed Bike Syndrome) or NBS (New Bike Syndrome) would have carried me through the week and offset any of the wonkiness I was feeling. Not even the power of BBS/NBS could carry me through. Jane and I have planned on a post-race jerky and Cadbury Egg party. That and the NBS have given me some inspiration/motivation to feel better.

Oh yeah... I'm also looking forward to 'officially' meeting the man who has been torturing me for the last month or so.

1 comment:

  1. Torture?
    I know rest days can be boring but you've got to take them every once and awhile.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete