Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gone Squatchin'

I get tired of riding the same trails and parks. I enjoy a good hike-a- bike adventure from time to time. Good for the soul. Castner and I started our journey when it was getting lightish and we had quite a day riding/climbing/hiking/crawling/trotting.  

Top of a super secret location

Bikes below
It's no secret that I regularly have some down time and my taste in television is non-discriminating to say the least. My recent find is Finding Bigfoot. It's awful and addicting all at the same time. You would think by listening to the 'Squatchers' that they have caught and studied these creatures for years. They seem to know what they eat, where they live, what they sound like, what they smell like and also fancy themselves as experts in Bigfoot psychology. One Finding Bigfoot marathon later and I too feel like a Sasquatch expert. I'm pretty sure they reside all over the places we rode today. Perfect Squatch habitats.


Squatches like to live and forage near water and mossy, low-lying areas.


No sightings today. They are shy creatures. However, I am not easily discouraged and will continue my search.

SS Bath Day

A little ceremonial singlespeed spring cleaning to end the day.

3 comments:

  1. Do squatches ride SS or are they more big-hit bike mammals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent question. They do enjoy the big hit bikes. However, do to their ginormity it's hard to find a suspension that can withstand the weight. Also, they've yet to find a shifting system to fit the needs of their giant, hairy hands. So, rigid SS all the way. This also helps lessen their bike maintenance and need for contact with the outside world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may have been the most intresting post since Parson's 'Being Kimbo Slice' http://wellonabigbikeya.blogspot.com/2010/04/being-kimbo-slice-i-ts-tough.html

    ReplyDelete